Monday, September 3, 2012

Paul Ryan

I generally do not wade into politics because, quite frankly, I don't exactly care to the extent I used to. I've grown cynical about politicians ability to be honest and get the job done, regardless of their political affiliation.

But I digress.

Putting aside political orientation, I was absolutely mortified to learn of Paul Ryan's lie about his marathon time. There's a code of honor among runners; you don't lie about your times. Period, end of story. And I can assure you that NO marathoner has ever forgotten a time. I've run nearly 20 marathons - my first was about 15 years ago - and I could probably tell you my time for each one, plus or minus a few minutes.

For those of you not familiar with what I'm talking about, the long story short is that Ryan was asked his marathon time. He quickly replied that is was a sub 3. Runners World got to work and determined that he really ran a 4:01.

Unreal. If he had gotten it wrong by a few minutes - half hour even, it would be forgiven and forgotten. But to say under 3 - which is a major badge of honor - is absolutely unforgivable and there is no way I could possibly vote for a guy who demonstrates such a fundamental lack of integrity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if that was his only lie maybe he could be forgiven but he has many more. gs

Anonymous said...

Great point, GS. Basically, it seems as though he will say anything that comes into his head or anything which he thinks will influence his audience and that is pretty disheartening.
nicholas

seasos said...

why not try these out best replica designer browse around these guys Dolabuy YSL this hyperlink replica louis vuitton bags

Anonymous said...

jordan shoes
yeezy 350 v2
supreme hoodie
yeezy 700
palm angels
jordan 11
hermes
off white hoodie
yeezy 380
golden goose