Saturday, August 27, 2011

Headlands 50k

Just finished the Headlands 50k - otherwise known as the Skinnyman 50k (Todd, I wore my shirt in honor of Skinnyman!). I finished in the not-too-bad time of 6:37, which was pretty good given the fact that my legs aren't entirely recovered from Vermont and I haven't run more than 13 miles since that race. So, overall, I am pleased.

I have to give a huge should out to the co-race directors, Tim and Diana Fitzpatrick. They are just awesome; fantastic race directors and just as nice people. They assumed race directing duties after last year's debacle. They didn't want to see the demise of a very highly regarded race and so they grabbed the reigns and did a fantastic job - one of the best run ultras I've ever done (this was ultra number 14 for more btw, to go along with 12 marathons). They personify everything that's good about this sport; thanks Tim and Diana for a job well done. It was a pleasure meeting you both in person. And I'm real glad that a story that ended so sour ended up so sweet.

No comments: