Friday, July 16, 2010

I Think I'm Going To Buy a Chicken

So, I've been wrestling for a while with the idea of buying a chicken. I kind of want a pet but ID like something different and I've narrowed it down to a chicken or a goat. Don't laugh; people out here have goats and they are pretty mellow and cool. But I'm not so sure that's practical plus we have coyotes. Chickens on the other hand are supposedly pretty low maintenance. And they lay eggs pretty much every day which is also cool. Plus, I'll be able to say I have a pet chicken which is most definitely a conversation starter. And if it dies, I can fry it. So - pretty much a no brainer, eh, aside from the minor problem that the Wife will divorce me? Anyway, the place in this photo, less than a mile from my house, has a whole bunch for sale. Might need to check it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad

Posted via email from Howard Solomon

3 comments:

Scott H said...

Please buy a chicken.

Anonymous said...

I heard they love to snuggle, too. Definitely get a chicken. Goats stink.


-TB

nana said...

Summer wants you to buy a fish instead.....