Thursday, March 17, 2011

iPad 2

With all that's going on in the world these days - most especially in Japan - it's really hard to get mental about something as trivial as an iPad. Trust me, I get it.

But that being said, they've really screwed up this launch in my opinion. I've been trying to think and cannot recall a launch where they have had so little supply. It's almost bizarre; you'd think by now they'd have their supply chain pretty dialed in to meet demand.

Like a complete lemming I got on line at Best Buy last Friday. Thought I'd be smart and avoid the craziness at the Apple Store. I was about 10th in line and was really surprised that they only had about 12 units. My only choice was what they had, which was a 32 gig, white wifi. I bought it but it's still in the box. I thought I'd get one over the course of the week but each retail until seems to be getting no more than a handful of units per day and they are selling within minutes.

Not a big deal - it's just a matter of time before they get this worked out - but from a business standpoint I'm still very surprised.

Oh - and if anyone has a 32 gig wifi/3g in black they'd like to trade for, I am all ears.

1 comment:

df said...

My 32GB Black WiFi works great! Woke up at 4am EDT on 3/11 to order it and it showed up 3/17. Ebay the one you got and order the one you want. Just have some patience HoSo.