Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Howard Stern on AGT

Like virtually every other Howard Stern fan in the country, I sat glued to the television last night for his debut on America's Got Talent. I expected him to exceed expectation but truth is he was very, very good. And I think as he settles into this role, he's only going to get better.

I had a conversation with my mother of all people about Howard, who called him a sellout. I could not disagree more. Prior to being selected as a judge for AGT he's spent countless hours judging performances on show's like American Idol, Dancing with Stars, The Voice, and yes, AGT. His analysis is generally spot on, and always funny. And I think that's exactly what he's going to bring to the table for the public at large these next few months.

Also, he's arguably at the twilight of his career and I suspect he wants to show the country that he's not the ogre that he's been made out to be these past few decades. I think people will be surprised that he's actually thoughtful, passionate and charming.

He probably won't be for everyone and there will always be detractors (including, surprisingly, my mother) but I know I haven't been this excited for a show in along, long while. I predict it/he will become a sensation.

No comments: