Friday, May 4, 2012

RIP, Adam Yauch

Adam Yauch from the Beastie Boys died today at age 48 of salivary cancer.

Wow, that hits home on so many levels. One, he's not too far from me in age (I turned 46 this week). Two, salivary is sort of a sister-cancer to thyroid. There is a correlation between the two (evidenced by Roger Ebert. He had thyroid first and got salivary a few years later). I've long been fearful/paranoid about salivary cancer.

Wow, wow. I knew Yauch was sick but had no idea he was dying. What a bummer. On top of it, the Beastie Boys are without question one of my top ten favorite bands of all-time. I just love those dudes and think Paul's Boutique is an all-time classic.

Not even sure what more to say. Not a good ending to a tough week.

RIP, Adam Yauch. You made the world a better place and had a hell of an impact for a very young guy.


No comments: