Monday, October 6, 2008

Random Thoughts

A couple of predictions, apropos of absolutely nothing in particular:

-- While I hate the Red Sox with the passion of a million burning suns, they now enter round two of the playoffs as the prohibitive favorites and I predict they will win the World Series. Pains me just to write those words.

-- The media needs a good story, but I am calling it now: short of some sort of miracle on the part of the McCain campaign, this election is over. I suspect Obama will not just win, but will win in a route. I am calling 300 plus electroral votes. While I am a big Obama fan, given the state of the county and economy, I am not exactly sure why he would want this job, but since he appears destined to win it he better do one hell of a good job for all our sake.

-- Chris McCormack and Chrissie Wellington will repeat as 2008 Ironman World Championsthis coming Saturday in Kona. In related news, I predict that for the 11th consecutive year, I wil ger rejected by the Ironman lottery.

-- Michigan will finish 6-6 in football, which given the state of this team, will be deemed a success. We will lose key games to Penn State and MSU but in one of the biggest upsets of the season, we will defeat Ohio State. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

-- The situation with the economy will get much, much worse before it starts to get better (which won't occur until 2010). Once doesn't need to be Milton Friedman to make this prediction.

-- Warren Sapp will win Dancing with Stars? Why? Cause the Big Man can flat out dance.

-- The Cubs will disappoint in 2009? Why? Cause that's what the Cub's have been doing for more than a 100 years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet you lifted these predictions straight from NOSTRADOMUS. didn,t he live in n.j. while you were growing up. i remember him from somewhere. maybe my high school days.gs

Anonymous said...

While I agree with you about the election, and anyone who knows me knows my support for Obama is very strong - am I nuts that I think that McCain won the debate tonight?? Everyone on TV seemed to disagree, but I kept imagining someone in Wichita Kansas watching this and thinking "hey, that McCain is actually doing pretty OK". Perhaps I'm nuts, especially because all the conservative pundits I watched gave it to Obama - weird.

I think I probably agree with you on everything else as well - this is a first!!

BTW, LSU will go 10-2.

Anonymous said...

Regards from Barcelona! We are following all the news here and the debates also. Over here they think the debate was even. We shall seeeeeee. Nana