Monday, October 20, 2008

Things I like

Couple of things I have been enjoying of late:

-- Born Standing Up, Steve Martin's autobiography. This was voted top ten book of the year by many reviewers, for very good reason. It's now out in paperwork and it's a very quick, very enjoyable read.

-- Wurdle; the greatest iPhone app ever. iPhone owners take heed of this one; a great value for $1.99, especially if you enjoy Scrabble-like word games.

-- The Tampa Bay Rays for reasons explained yesterday.

-- Tru Blood on HBO, which gets better with each episode. Best line, from last night's episode: "I'm not human, Sookie. I'm vampire."

-- The new AC/DC -- yeah, I said it, AC/DC --album which came out last week. Perfect for running.

-- DogFish Head 90 Second Imperial IPA. Good lord; if you are a beer fan, go find this one. Best beer I have ever had; better even than Racer 5.

-- Losing money at Reno and Vegas (not). If I see Nevada again any time in the next two years it will be too soon.

-- Michigan football (double not). I can't even talk about this one. Things are so bad in Wolverineland it's almost inexplicable. And yes Neil, I'm willing to give RichRod some time. As in, one more season. We can have one 3-6 season; not two.

-- The Flip Camera Phone. I'll save this for a separate review, which I will post this week but what a cool, cool product.

That's about as much as my Vegas-addled brain can muster for one night. Should be back to normal tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tru Blood just might be the best thing on TV right now, and the next HBO sensation. Which is more than I can say for HBO's other newbie, Little Britain USA. Is that seriously supposed to be funny? And if so, are we seriously supposed to laugh at the same, slightly modified bit over and over again? If I'm looking for low-brow humor, I'll take It's Always Sunny (who pooped the bed?) any day of the week.

Anonymous said...

I love Tru Blood. It is by far my favorite thing to watch on TV these days! Thanks to Howard for getting me started on this one.

Anonymous said...

I'm overwhelmed with tv on sunday night - TruBlood, Entourage, Dexter and Mad Men. That's what DVR's were invented for. I hope you are watching Dexter - its a great show.