Thursday, October 9, 2008

Scan Day

Today was/is Yom Kippur, the most important holiday of the Jewish year. It's also a fast day, which is never a particularly good time. I had a mild grade headache but otherwise, not too bad. The wife and I went to temple together in the am (as well as last night) and this afternoon we took the kid's to the children's service. I have to say that our synogogue, Temple Emmanuel in San Francisco, is pretty impressive. Afterwards, we had a couple of friends over for dinner, which was great. Each day I feel like we become a bigger part of the fabric of this place.

Anyway, it was probably good timing for the holidays and a solid day of prayer, because tomorrow I have my quarterly ultrasound in the am, and get results of that and my blood work in the afternoon. I don't really write about cancer as pertains to me anymore, becuase fortunately, there's no real reason to, but I confess to being a tad bit apprehensive (not nervous -- apprehensive) prior to my tests. I feel great and am very optimistic and all, but I think any cancer patient would concur that there's always that nagging little voice that resides in the back of ones head, and that voice naturally becomes a tad bit louder during scan days.

Anyway, that's my maudlin message of the day/month/hopefully year. I am sure everything will turn out great and I will post results tomorrow.

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

i get slightly nervous for scans and tests too still. more because it brings back memories and suppressed feelings from the original tests. it's harder to live in denial that that was your reality,if you still get to have tests.

good luck with your tests. i'm sending good vibes your way!

Anonymous said...

god luck today dude

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a "clean" scan...I will always get nervous too for all tests, even for checkups my blood pressure goes up now, so I understand the jitters...but this fear keeps us on top of things, I hope. Best, Gail

Anonymous said...

What up?