Sunday, April 4, 2010

Let's Go Yankees

Pretty excited for the start of the 2010 baseball season. What better way to start if off than with the Yankees vs Red Sox. Hoping of course that the Yankees can repeat but either way, there's nothing better than major league baseball season.

In other news, yesterday was iPad release day, as I'm sure you are all aware. I'm such a moron that even though I pre-ordered one, for some reason I felt compelled anyway to get on line. I am even more embarrassed to admit that I was first in line at our local Best Buy. So I now own two units though one gets returned tomorrow am, unless one of you want it. It's the 32 gig model.

You can read more first impressions at Techdork, but suffice to say I absolutely love it. It has been pouring rain all day here so I got a great opportunity to test drive it and there's really not too much i don't like. The keyboard system is not optimal for long form writing - I'm writing this on the iPad and it is taking a while, but I'm getting better with time. The thing that impresses me most? The quality of the screen as well as the incredible battery life. While it's not yet ready to replace my laptop, I have a feeling that it will as soon as multitasking is introduced, which should be soon. If you are a gadget guy like me or consumer a lot of media and have enough disposable income to afford one i say go for it. I don't think you'll regret it for a second.

No comments: