Monday, May 17, 2010

Reading and Listening

Currently reading The Imperfectionists, a new novel about the publishing industry which is receiving near universal accolades. So far, I'm finding it difficult to put down. Next in line after this is Sebastian Junger's news book, War. After that is Matterhorn, a novel about the Vietnam war which I am hearing is a book of the year candidate and possible Pulitzer prize candidate.

In terms of music, theres so much greets stuff that I'm listening to its difficult to keep pace. For starters, the new LCD Soundsystem, which received 9.2 today from Pitchfork, is excellent. As I type this I'm listening to the newly remastered Exile on Main Street, which is a masterpiece. The Bird and the Bee have a new album that covers - get ready for it - Hall and Oates' greatest hits. Don't laugh - it is excellent. I need to listen to the new Broken Social Scene a bit more but so far it is impressive. Same goes for the new Flying Lotus. And for you old school punk rock fand, dare I say you will enjoy the new Gaslight Anthem. Anyway, this is just a sampling. There is much much more, which I will write about in a separate post.

No comments: