Saturday, February 12, 2011

Unbroken

Sorry so quiet; was in LA for business form Wednesday through yesterday and got sick Thursday night. Feel better today but boy - yesterday was an epic slog of a day. Fell asleep on the couch at 8:30, woke up in a sweat in the middle of the night - and then slpet through until around 7:30. Been a while since I've slept 11 hours - and I still feel wiped out.

Anyway, enough bellyaching. I'll be better soon. As I think I posted before, I've been reading like a madman since getting my new Kindle 3 (which I LOVE) and am currently deep into Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand. Al I can say is this is one hell of a story and an incredibly captivating read. Definitely add this one to your list; it doesn't disappoint. I never read her previous bestselling book, Seabiscuit, but might need to put that in the queue next, because she is an amazing writer.
Unless anyone has a better recommendation, I think next up is Endgame, a biography of Bobby Fisher.

2 comments:

neil s. said...

i want to read Endgame, too. I am reading "Skippy DIes" by Paul Murray. You would like it - very much like early Vonnegut.

Anonymous said...

doesn't anybody work in this family?gs