Thursday, April 14, 2011

Los Angeles

Sorry so quiet these past few days; I've been in LA Monday-Thursday and have been working 12-14 hour days. The family decided to come up with me - the kids are on spring break, so we drove up early Monday and returned just a few moments ago. Man, that is one long ass drive.

The Kids and Wife had a fun time - they went to Disney, Santa Monica Pier, Beverly Hills and more - and I didn't see them at all.

Anyway, whirlwind few days. We had a big party in LA last night and introduced my staff to our new one (they firm we acquired last week). It was a ton of fun but coupled with all day meetings, a bit exhausting. And next week is not going to be any easier, especially with a three day trip to NYC sandwiched in the middle. Fun times. Good thing I get a quasi two week break from training after the big race.

Speaking of which, I am recovering very nicely from that race. I feel pretty damn god and might even give me legs a little test tomorrow. In retrospect, I really couldn't be happier about how last Saturday went. We ran well and even throughout the day; felt pretty good throughout and recovered well. Can't ask for more and a sign that I/we (I include Todd here) are in pretty good shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess feeling pretty damn g-d is better than just feeling good

Melissa Boehning Libert said...

Have to admit I laughed out loud when I saw your tweet about driving to LA. CAN'T imagine it!! :)