Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spotify

So, I was lucky enough to get a Spotifyaccount two weeks ago when the service first launched. The hype was beyond high for this, but I have to say that so far, I'm pretty impressed. The interface is good looking and easy to use, I love how it ports in one's existing iTunes library (and fairly seamlessly at that) and the catalogue (more than 15 million songs) is impressive. There's not too much that I've searched for and not been able to find.

Right now I am using the free service and I guess I'd say that the only downside is that the ads can be annoying. But - it's for free, so who am I really to complain? I don't see much value in the Unlimited streaming option ($4.99) but I am strongly considering the Premium package ($9.99/month) for no other than I like the mobility features and ability to port to both my Sonos and my iPhone. I *really* wish though that I could transfer music to my iPod, versus my iPhone; I mostly listen to music while running and rarely carry my iPhone with me.

Anyone else using Spotify out there? If so, thoughts? And anyone with the Premium package?

No comments: