Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baseball Hall of Fame

My father-in-law and I took the Little Boy to the Base ball Hall of Fame. The day could be summed up best by the Little BOy himself, who turned to me at one point and said "Daid, I think this might be the greatest day of my life."

It's the second time I've been to the HOF and I have to say that it is beyond amazing. It's amazing even if you aren't a baseball fan. We had a fun-filled seven hours (despite having to take a number of work phone calls) and we could probably have stayed longer. Highlights, in no particular order (and I will attempt to post some photos tomorrow) included:

-- an original Honus Wagner card; the "Holy Grail" at the HOF itself refers to it
-- Babe Ruth's locker and uniform
-- Ditto Lou Gehrig
-- the Barry Bonds "asterick" home run ball number 756
-- the glove WIllie Ways wore during the Vic Wertz catch
-- lunch at Sal's Pizza, one of the best freaking pizza joints in the country
-- Cy Young's glove

And the list goes on. Fantastic day; something every father and son should do in a lifetime. Big props to the father-in-law for helping make this trip happen.

No comments: