Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Olympics

I am so addicted to these damn Olympics it isn't funny. I don't expect to go to bed any time before midnight for the next three months, which is just fine by me. The best thing is that this week has been great, but in certain respects it is similar to the first week of the tour de France: it's but the prelude, and you know things are only going to get better in weeks two and three.

Right now I am watching volleyball and have only two words to say: Misty May. Good lord is that woman hot (said with respect, Wife. But you gotta admit it's true). In my next life I think I want to come back as the volleyball.

In other sports, there's nothing I can say about Michael Phelps that y'all haven't read in the press. Full on respect to MP, the greatest Olympian our generation has ever seen. Someone at work today asked me who my favorite Olympian of all time is/was. The answer to this one might be surprising but it's Apolo Ohno. I enjoyed his speed skating matches more than I can express and that dude was one bad ass competitor. If you don't know what I am talking about, I suggest you check out some of his past races on YouTube.

On a separate note, this week marks by third year of living in the Bay Area. I will probably write a post on this topic, along with what I have learned and what I've learned to love about the Bay Area, but in the interim my main man Michael Beno indicated he'd like to write a guest blog on this subject, so stay tuned for that. You are officially on the hook, MB.

Lastly, I am getting set to do some travel and want to rent another series. I am thinking of Bad Brad, an AMC show which seems to have received good reviews. Anyone have thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go back and watch the clips of Apollo on Dancing with the Stars.

Anonymous said...

come back as a vollyball??the right answer is her bikini. my favorite athlete: apollo creed. that man could box. gs

Anonymous said...

*Apolo One "l"

Anonymous said...

Apolo's career is by no means over yet!

His career is in high gear right now after winning the World Championship and he is a force to be reckoned with.

Him being "one bad ass competitor" is right on the mark.

2010 Vancouver here we come! Look out!
M~