Monday, August 4, 2008

Californication

My buddy Dave from Chicago is visiting town for the week (this is the week of visitors; later in the week we'll have three friends at Chez Solomon) and convinced me to purchase the Showtime show, Californication.

All I can say is: THAT'S what I'm talking about. This show is off-the-hook good. David Duchovony is terrific, the plot line moves along at a great clip and it's absolutely hilarious to boot. I've watched five episodes i two days and think it is orders of magnitude more entertaining than Mad Men.

_____________________________

Finished the half marathon yesterday and actually ran pretty well; probably my best race of the year thus far. It was nice and hilly but overall I was very pleased.

_____________________________

Four days and counting to the start of the Olympics; I am stoked. Can't wait for: track and field; swimming, triathlon and boxing in that particular order. But I could watch virtually any Olympic sport/competition and be completely entertained.

_______________________________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wife is a great cook. Made a full dinner for us tonight. It was yummy. The kids are great. So grown up. Having lots of fun. Most of the neighbors have Grandchildren visiting this week. Lots of ball playing. The little girl fits right in. Thanks for letting us enjoy them.