Friday, August 15, 2008

Gone Fishing Part II

Getting set to head to New York on the dreaded, miserable red eye to see the Wife and Kids and enjoy a week of relaxation (I hope) by the Lake (Lake George, that is). Can't wait to see everyone and looking forward to enjoying a hot summer week, one thing we are sorely missing out here in NorCal (if you looked at my window right now you would not believe; we are shrouded in fog, the wind is howling and the temperature can't be above 50. I just came back from a trail run and it was clear as day (pretty much) when I took off, and I could not see two feet in front of me when I got home. That's how fast the fog moves.

Today is our third anniversary of living in the Bay Area. I'll never forget the day the kids arrived here from New York. It's been an interesting three years, but overall, I have enjoyed it immensely. When we moved here we literally knew no one. Yesterday, when I was waiting for a colleague for at the local Starbuck's (we had a meeting in Marin), I saw three people I knew inside of 15 minutes. I think we are slowly weaving our way into the fabric of this place, which is very cool.

Anyway, great pate mom, but I have to motor if I want to make the plane. Trivia time: that is a derivation of a famous line from what movie? Scooter will get this if he's reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Heathers", but I had to look it up.

My new favorite line is: "the right answer is her bikini" by gs.

GS, when is your next guest appearance?

Anonymous said...

c'mon! the best line of Heathers is, "I miss my dead gay son!"

schmeariously.