Saturday, August 2, 2008

Half Marathon

Woke up late today, went or a very easy run, bought a breakfast burito, looked at my clock, realized it was 10:20 and I had no idea what in the world to do with my myself. So, I did what any reasonable Californian would, given the high 80 degree temperatures: I packed myself some lunch, magazines, a bit of sunscreen and a folding chair and I headed to the beach. And I must say: it was a perfectly civilized day. Those who know me know I relish in running around like a nut, and it was really nice to decompress for a day. Not to mention the weather could not be any more accomodating.

Now I am going to meet my main man Payro for a little bbq at his bro's house and it's early to bed as I have a half marathon in the morning. My ambition for this one is modest: I am hoping to average around 7:45-8:00 minute pace. Nxt weekend I am crewing for Payro as he tackles one very gnarly-ass 50 miler. It will likely be a 12 hour endevour for the two of us but I am looking forward to it very much.

In other news, the Family has headed to enemy territory today; that's right, Boston. The Little Boy and his grandfather are going to a Sox game and he has very explicit instructions as to who too root for (The A's), albeit quietly, as those Boston fans are nuts.

No comments: