Thursday, July 31, 2008

One week

So, the family has been gone for exactly one week. Though I confess to having fun -- I've had two visitors thus far and numbers three, four and five (literally) are en route soon, I greatly miss the Kids and the Wife. As a corollary to this, I am also starting to appreciate some of the wife's responsibilities. Specifically:

-- her ability to keep the house reasonably clean. Though I think most visitors would agree that the house looks reasonably clean, it's starting to accumulate a somewhat funky odor. Gotta figure that out tomorrow.

-- I *really* appreciate her ability to deliver frequent clean laundry. We're at day seven and things are getting a bit crazy. The laundry is accumulating and I am running out of vitals (read: underwear and socks). Gotta get on that too tomorrow. If I provide the model number, can anyone provide any helpful tips on how to start and stop my washer and dryer? Though you think I might be joking, I'm really not.

-- Dishwashing. I have learned that clean dishes are key. Even if you "water them down" and put them in the dishwasher, they are apt to acquire a mysterious odor. Not quite certain how to operate this piece of machinery either. Again, tips are more than appreciated.

So, topline, these are my major issues. There are others, some of which are reaching "critical" status, but I'll save them for next week.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

fabulous!

this totally made me giggle.
there are keys to avoiding chores.

1st. go buy more underwear and socks

2nd. paper plates are your friend.along with paper bowls and plasticware. no washing required. just remember to take out the trash.

alternative. eat out.

3rd call a cleaning service before she comes back. and in between as needed.

quirken said...

that is hilarious. just forwarded to my wife.

"deliver clean laundry" are you serious?

for both washing machine and dish washer, simply insert soap product, insert dirty items and turn on. You should be able to locate the button labeled "on." When you find it, push it. With your finger, index preferably.

also, paper plates are bad for the environment.

nick