Monday, July 7, 2008

Vexing

Man, am I frustrated. I took in my practically brand new MacBook Air to the Apple store and it was diagnosed with a faulty trackpad/mouse. This is a problem I have noticed the last few weeks which has gotten progressively work. So, it was diagnosed as a hardware problem and unlike last time, when the camera wasn't working and they gave me a brand spanking new one, they had to send it out to Apple repair. Lord knows when I will get it back; they say minimum of ten days. And yet, this is the same company that will probably have me standing in line at o dark hundred on Friday morning so that I can be first to get the new iphone 3g. I am without question the mother of all idiots. Of that, let there be no doubt.

So I am now working on the wife's new MacBook (remember that the kids killed the old one) which is configured poorly and all I can keep thinking is: precisely how much money do I give this company on an annualized basis?

Ok, enough wining.

In other (better) this was a heckuva great holiday weekend all around. We spent two days at Stinson Beach, which was just fantastic. This was also a great weekend if you were sports fan. To recap:

-- maybe the greatest tennis match ever in Federer/Nadal. I am not so sure I am fully buying into the "changing of the guard" storyline but man are they pretty much evenly matched. All I can say there is I feel bad for the rest of the field.

-- Olympic qualifiers for swimming, aka the Michael Phelps show. What a cool dude; I really hope he wins eight gold medals. Katie Hoff is a great storyline too, as is Dana Torres

-- Chris McCormack went sub eight at Ironman Germany and still won by only 54 seconds. Probably means nothing to 99.9% of sports fans out there, but an exciting race all the same for us triathletes (or ex-triathletes as the case may be)

-- Olympic qualifiers for track, which absolutely ruled. I watched every minute of NBC's broadcast and am starved for more. My favorite races were the distance ones (go figure), particularly the 1500, 5000 and 10000. The guy I really feel bad for is Alan Webb; he goes from World Champ to not qualifying for the mile. That dude is an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

-- Yanks came back strongly and won the last two against the Sox; both games were spectacularly exciting and the Little BOy is still jumping up and down over the last one. I don't have the heart to tell him though that this does not appear to be the Yankees year.

Anyway, i am sure there was more but those were the highlights for me. Have to get back to the cheesy Bachelorette now.

No comments: