Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're All Good, Comcast

So, as you could gather from my post last night, I am pretty pissed off at Comcast (rightfully so, in my humble opinion). I went to bed last night wondering if it was at all possible they'd ever notice my posting, especially given that I do not have that vast an audience (though I hasten to add, I love you all). Though I keep this blog distanced from work, I am in PR, after all and was curious as to their response mechanism (or lack thereof). Anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised upon awakening this am to see an extremely quick response from Comcast direct (see comment in yesterday's posting).

I emailed "Michael C" early this morning and received a phone call not more than five minutes later. Shortly after that, I received a call from their California field operator (Sayed?) who was extremely pleasant and informed me that it had been escalated, and that someone would be at my house in the early afternoon. Lo and behold they were there on time, and fixed the problem pronto.

So, props, Comcast. You quickly transformed an angry customer into a happy one; good lesson for all of you out there in terms of how a company can leverage social media (medium, actually) to their advantage. Speed and transparency are critical and a crisis (not that this was one, mind you) is capable of moving and gaining momentum throughout the blogosphere at lightening speed.

Not to sound like an ingrate, but I hope that they demonstrate the same customer-care for their non-blogging customers. Though I am indeed satisfied - I state that emphaticaly - it would be a shame if I received special dispensation simply because I have a blog.

But I don't want to end this on a negative note so again, thanks and good for you, Comcast.

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo for comcast and redeeming themselves with decent customer service.

and man any company crosses me wrongly or even rightly and it gets blogged about. but more often i am likely to RAVE about a product, or company in a blog post, and hey if i like it others might need to know about something FABULOUS too. i feel compelled to share , often!

glad it was a speedy fix!