Friday, July 25, 2008

Day Off

My wife's cousin is in from NYC and has never been to the Bay Area, so I am taking him to see what I call the "Marin Circuit": we start at Muir Woods *where a buddy of mine from high school who i saw for the first time in 20 years yesterday) will be joining us. From there, we will proceed to Mount Tam, Stinson Beach, Bolinas for lunch and quite possibly Point Reyes. These are among my favorite places on the planet and I could do this "tour" every day and still find something new and exciting. I will post some pictures over the weekend.

My MAd Men marathon has slowed to a crawl. That's because the show MOVES at a crawl. I will resume in earnest this evening, in anxious anticipation that *something* will happen. In the interim, I am more into Generation Kill.

The Wife and Kids headed East yesterday for the annual Tour de Solomon. That leaves me home alone and a bachelor for the next three weeks, until I join them in New Jersey. People have asked what I will do during this time. The answer? Probably nothing. But I will do it at my pace, and with no one hassling me about something. While I will miss them a lot, and increasingly so as time progresses, I must confess to being slightly stoked about having a degree of peace and solitude, something that it sorely lacking on my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got them on the first leg of the "tour" and it,s great, the 2 boy cousins bonded on first sight even after a long separation (by distance) and the girls moments later.