Monday, July 21, 2008

Comcast Sucks

I'm typing this post from the iPhone. Why is that? Well evidently The Wife decided to change our home phone service from AT&T to Comcast in an effort to reduce costs. We tried this in Chicago with little success so why she figured it would work this time around is beyond me. So anyway, Comcast came today and the good news is that the phone appears to be working fine. Not that I ever use it - I take literally every call on my cell - but fine, it's working all the same. Problem is the tv and internet are not working. Apparently they disabled something - they couldn't diagnose the problem remotely. The best part is that when I complained rather than apologizing they got indignant. Like I was wrong for being upset. So someone will be here in the afternoon because they evidently couldn't escalate it any faster. So to recap I give them more business they drop not one but two of their own services and somehow through it all I am the bad guy. Some customer service, huh? Any wonders why their stock is in the toilet?

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry that the tech left without making sure everything was working fine.

Please allow me to reach out to my contacts so that we can get this fixed ASAP.

What is your best contact number? Also, what is the phone number on the account? Thanks in advance for the opportunity to assist.

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_help@cable.comcast.com

quirken said...

are you freaking serious, Comcast?

You have people checking the old google reader for mentions and slams and then you are forwarding this nonsense onto CSR lackies to smooth it over in the blogosphere?

Join the real world first, man.

I live in Illinois and I have a few complaints about my service as well, but dangit if it doesn't take 18-22 minutes to get a live person on the phone. Are you telling me if I can get my gripes "published" for literally dozens of people across the country to read that you will fast-track my issue?

Shoot, you could have sent me a memo, guys. But that would have been so 20th century, right. Listen, let me fax you my email address and we can talk some time next week.

Good for you, Howard. And keep up the diligent work, Mark C.!

Internet-ho!