Friday, July 18, 2008

Cheaters

I am just a few minutes back from LA (for the second time i a week!) and actually walked into a peaceful house for once; the The Girl and Wife are out at a girl's dinner and The Boy is having dinner at a friends house.

I can get used to this.

Actually, I will soon be getting used to it: the family (sans me) are getting set to make their annual sojourn East for a month. At some point I suspect I'll be joining them, though I am not yet sure of the dates.

Anyway, it seems as if not too many of you are terribly interested in my Tour de France ramblings (can't say I blame you) so I will keep this short: I am finally getting sick and tired of cheats. I *really* thought this would be the year we'd see a clean race, and I am terribly disappointed that three riders have been already kicked out of the race (and I suspect more to come). the biggest disappointment is Riccardo Ricco, who had come in second in the Giro and had won two stages in France. I thought he was a revelations but turns out he's nothing more than a cheat who had brought disgrace to himself and his country. He was using a form of EPO that he thought was undetectable, and yet he got busted anyway. Good for the Tour for improving its test protocols. I bet there are a number of other riders in the peleton who are trembling right now.

Mad Men seems to have gotten the nod, so I will kick start that show tonight. Looking forward to it.

Props to my buddy Jeff who has made the move to California fro Chicago. He's cruising over here tomorrow for the first of what I am sure will be many hangs. I'm looking forward to it.

iPhone battery did NOT perform terribly well during the past 48 hours in LA> Without belaboring the point, not good. Not good at all.

No comments: