Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Favorite Movies of All Time

Just turned on the TV at the start of Pulp Fiction. As I watched the opening scene I thought to myself "top ten of all-time. Which got me thinking as to what comprises my top ten list of favorite movies. I'm surprised I haven't covered off on this yet.

I will confess that my taste in movies is pretty pedestrian; my tastes definitely are more oriented towards the lowbrow. What can I say? At least I confess to it.

Anyway, without further ado, and in order, to the best extent possible, I present to you my top ten favorite movies:

10. Pulp Fiction. Now that I think about it -- and watch it for the 126th time or so, I could probably move this one up the list.
9. Talk Radio. Something about this movie just stokes me; I think it's Eric Bogosian's performance, which I think was Oscar worthy.
8. Breakfast Club. My coming of age movie, hands down.
7. Old School. Funniest movie of all time.
6.Apocalypse Now. Funny, I hated this movie the first ten times I saw. And then the light bulb went off and I've almost become a student of this film. Brando's last great performance.
5. Animal House. The movie that turned me on to movies.
4. Star Wars. This one almost HAS to be on the list of everyone from my generation; the effects were revolutionary and the storyline was almost equally amazing.
3. Any one -- actually, all of the first three Indiana Jones movies. I've covered off on this previously.
2. Anything by Keanu Reeves. No joke. That dude rules. Let me ask you this -- can you name one bad Keanu movie? Really -- can you? I'm only quasi-joking about this but my number two would probably be a tie between The Godfather II and pretty much anything featuring Jack.
1. Hands down winner; The Godfather. Been my favorite movie for the past twenty years; I suspect it will never movie from my number one spot. I have watched it probably 100 times and each time is like the first.

If I could add one more, it would probably be Wall Street, which is yet another all-time classic. There was a point in time where I could recite nearly every one of Gordon Gekko's lines. One of the greatest characters in the history of (modern) film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blue Velvet? I remember when you knew every line from that movie