Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thanks, Dad

Well, today is the day the Little Boy has been waiting for for literally 18 months; his first trip to Yankees Stadium. I am really, really sorry I wasn't able to experience this with him, but alas this one wasn't meant to be timing wise. A big huge thank you though to the Old Man and my bro Scott for taking him; if it couldn't be me, I am glad it was you guys. And I am hoping he had fun, despite the Yankees loss.

I gotta say, I am starting to really miss the kids. The WIfe too for that matter. That said, i am actually growing accustomed to the quiet. It's kind fo nice. Awesome, actually. Of course that's tempered by the fact that I will see them in a few weeks.

I mentioned previously that this blog helped me catch up with an old buddy from high school, The Rookie (I am the nickname master, by the way). I am super stoked that we are back in touch but he said something that unintentionally bummed me out; evidently he "found" me a few months ago, but didn't want to say anything to me as he didn't know if I was interested in being back in touch (I am probably doing a bad job of paraphrasing). Well, Rookie -- of course I am happy that we have reconnected. But -- that's not my point. My point is if there is anyone out there doing something similar to the Rookie -- please declare yourself.

Thus far, a great reaction to the Second Annual Thyroid Cancer Run. I am stoked about the reaction thus far. Keep the comments coming on that -- I have yet to hear from many of you.

Mad Men is picking up steam. I think I get it now. It's not about the drama (or lack thereof) per se; it's about character development, capturing the essence of a nearly bygone era blah blah blah. So -- I get that. And it's very nuanced, well produced and the acting is superb. Sure, it's boring as hell (there; I said it) but a "good" boring if you will.

In other news, the new Harold and Kumar movie came out today and that about describes my night tomorrow; will be sure to post a review.

That's about it for tonight; headed to earthquake-struck LA in the am; heard this one was pretty gnarly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do a 10K that day. Pints to Pasta Run.

Val

Anonymous said...

I'll do a 10K that day. Pints to Pasta Run.

Val

Crazymamaof6 said...

so you don't love that people don't comment? yeah that SERIOUSLY BUGS ME!
i generally refer to this type of statement as a roll call, or ask people to "delurk" it works. love to find out who reads.

i read always. i pops up in my reader , and yeah i don't always comment. it's shocking huh? since i feel like i always am commenting here. and then i think maybe more people comment here after i have and i just don't realize it. that happens to me alot.

enjoy the silence.
and WHOOHOO for "the Boy's" first trip to Yankee stadium! that is awesome! even if you couldn't go.

Unknown said...

For the record, I decided to buy the first season of The Wire and it isn't exactly moving fast at this point either. It has potential, but I have yet to see what makes people rave so much. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tell Jeff to go to Netflix and he can choose any of the TV series and I think it is less money then buying the wire, etc.

This weekend the little guy will be going with Papa to a Red Socks game and exploring Boston, New Hampshire and if we have time get over to Maine for some yummy Lobster. This has been a great vacation so far for the kids. See You soon . Nana

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tell Jeff to go to Netflix and he can choose any of the TV series and I think it is less money then buying the wire, etc.

This weekend the little guy will be going with Papa to a Red Socks game and exploring Boston, New Hampshire and if we have time get over to Maine for some yummy Lobster. This has been a great vacation so far for the kids. See You soon . Nana