Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back to BIg Sur

We are back in Cambria -- yet again. The in-laws are in from New York so we thought we would show them the sites, including, yes, you guessed it, Heart Castle. This time we went on "Tour 3" and thus have completed the troika. We're now done with that place until the kids are in high school. We've now been there three times over the past 14 months and I still find it fascinating.
Yesterday we stopped in BIg Sur, hiked around and went for a run around Cambria; the little boy ran three miles with me, which was fun. The highlight however was stopping in a small town, Gorda Falls, for lunch. The population of the town is 14 -- and every resident not only works for the restaurant, they live above it as well. Strange place that Big Sur (Big Sur is essentially considered the expanse of land between Carmel and San Simeon, even though there are sundry town - I use the world loosely in using that word -- intermingled within).

Anyway, last word on Cambria: if it was 90 minutes closer to Marin and I could afford it, I'd give serious consideration to buying a second home.

In other news, Arod was busted for 'roids. Not sure exactly how I feel about that subject; think I will save my thoughts for a separate post. If this is true, though, and I suspect it is, his legacy is going to be seriously tarnished.

A big thanks to everyone who has supported the Boston effort the past few days; Sue and Saul and the Sellers family. Much appreciated. I still have a ways to go. If for some reason you missed my previous post, you can link HERE for more information.

No comments: