Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Must Read New York Times Article for You Runners Out There.

All I can say is WOW. This article is absolutely fascinating. Definitely worth the read. I couldn't imagine being an ultra runner (well actually I could -- because I am!) with severely diminished memory issues. I will say this though: endurance athletes are definitely cut of a different cloth, and they never cease to amaze me. And she is doing Hardrock this weekend to boot; as Payro will confirm that's just about the hardest damn race in the country. That and Leadville.

You go, Diane Van Deren. You just might be my new idol.

1 comment:

gailaj said...

My husband sent this one over to me too. And I was worried about doing trail races and getting lost -- it really humbles me to think of the way she is challenging herself despite her setbacks.