Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fruit Trees

One of my favorite aspects of living in California is the horticulture. I love the wildflowers in the spring; the overgrown chapparal on the trails; the year round smell of lavender. But what I really love most is my own two fruit trees. The first is my lemon tree. It yields a couple dozen meyer lemons three or four times a year. It isn't the greatest yielding lemon tree in the world (I've seen trees with literally hundreds of lemons) but it's the centerpiece of our small backyard. I enjoy it so much that I recently bought another - a satsuma tree which yields clementines. This one is a baby and while it struggled at first it has recently started to really take off. According to our gardner it should bear fruit this spring. I'm thinking about a third one too and am considering apricot or maybe even pear.

Posted via email from Howard Solomon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bottom picture, are those someones testicles?gs

Anonymous said...

GO for a money tree.gs