Monday, September 28, 2009

Yom Kippur

Today was/is Yom Kippur; the holiest day in the Jewish calendar. In the spirit of the holiday, I hope that all of you -- Jewish and non-Jewish alike are inscribed in the book of life and have a healthy and prosperous year. During Yom Kippur it's tradition to fast for the day. Generally, it is pretty tough but this year it was oddly easy. I feel as if I could have gone on another day.

In other news, I also saw my cancer doc this afternoon. I know; probably a weird day to do this but I booked the appointment months ago and this doctor is hard to see, so I kept the appointment. Bottom line and I am sure I will post more on this subject when I'm not so tired, but he has decided he wants to do a three year full body scan. Which is great, but it is going to be a fairly big pain in the ass: I need to go through the typical drill - back on the diet from hell, off the thyroid meds and it culminated in a tracer dose of radiation and scan. Only difference is I will be given a two thyrogen shots (each of which costs $1,000) which will mitigate the effects of going off my meds. Should make for an interesting December; I am going to start the protocol the day after I finish (hopefully I will finish!) the Quad Dipsea.

Anyway, more on this later.

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Happy Yom Kippur.


um, Whoohoo on the thyrogen induced scan. the diet still bites. and so does the out of pocket expense. BUT the lack of withdrawal from meds is AWESOME!
good luck with that when it rolls around.

df said...

How's the appetizing in SF? Or do you order in from NY?

Nana said...

Does Nana have to come and prepare the diet? "I have experience". I will be there if you need me.

gailaj said...

Only good thoughts for the scan...never had to go through it myself, luckily -- sorry you do. In the meantime, good luck at Dipsea.