Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago

At the airport getting set to return back home to SF from a whirlwind two days. I love Chicago -- as you all know it wil always be the hometown for my two kids -- but something is seriously amiss with the weather. Chicago winters you all probably know about, but summer's are generally fantastic. So good, that they almost make putting up with winter a worthwhile endeavour. And usually late August is peak season; solid 80's and hot.

But not this time. I went running this am and the weather was decidedly San Francisco-like. As in high 50's, low 60's. IT didn't get a whole heck of a lot warmer througout the day either. And that ain't right. My boy Dave tells me the water temperature this weekend for the Chicago triathlon was in the high 50's. It is usually in the 70's. So anyway -- I am not sure exactly what is going on -- perhaps it's a meteorological anomaly -- but just between you and I, I'm kind of glad I got out of dodge when I did four years ago.

Said with respect of course.

No comments: