Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Post 600!

I am astonished that this is my 600th post. Wow. That's probably enough writing to fill a volume or two. I'm pleased to have stuck it out thus far and to have been (relatively) consistent with my writing. But as I have said in the past, I'm far more pleased -- and proud of -- the little community that we have formed around this site. Things I really love about this cancerman.com include:

I love when y'all comment (so let's hear some comments!)
I love the Thyroid Cancer Run
I particularly love comments from my old man and my mother in law
I love when posts get picked up and posted throughout the Internet (that's happened exactly once by the way)
I love new TV seasons because it provides new fodder
I love my new cancer friends: Crazymama and Gail in particular
I love why The Wife posts (oh wait - she never has. Wink wink)
I love that I've reconnected with so many friends from high school (here's to you Geremy and Rookie)
I love when my college boys and Payro rear their head
I love when Finkel rants
I love my Hawaii/Singapore friends who are one and the same
I love when the Work folks friends past and present (hi Nick and Michael) say hello
I love when my Mill Valley friend pop on bye (what's up Megan and Hope?)

In short: I really do love you all.

And that is my Oscar speech. Or at least the closest I'll ever come to an Oscar speech.

Good night and thanks for coming!

(Ps. Think it's time for me to change the name of this site?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

change the name? i'm just getting comfortable wit this one.gs

gailaj said...

Congrats Howard. So glad to have found you. You're my only point of reference for "extreme running after thyroid cancer"...Hope to see you at a NY race in 2010! ~Gail

Nana said...

your the best. I look every morning to see what you have written. I enjoy all your blogs. Keep it up under the same name.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm also glad we were able to re-connect. Keep up with the posts and definitely keep the name.

Crazymamaof6 said...

glad to have found you too. keep the name. seriously, instead of having cancer it can mean you are an advocate for awareness and early detection. which you are.

michael said...

i love when i get shout outs in blog posts.