Sunday, October 16, 2011

Alcatraz Via Kayak

I kayaked out to Alcatraz and back today, in support of Coach Phil who swam one of his insane ultra swims. It was pretty rad; the views and perspectives of San Francisco from the water are indescribable. I wish I took pictures but no way my new iPhone 4s was getting anywhere near the water. I think this is the prettiest City in the US and the views form the water make it even that much more so.

After swimming I ran 11 miles - up and over the Golden Gate bridge and back and then I met up with the family and swam with the kids in the Bay (the Little Boy is prepping for his triathlon swim, per my earlier post). That water is c.o.l.d.

Anyway, a long and tiring day (especially coupled with yesterday's Crossfit workout and a work event in Napa) but a gratifying one.

No comments: