Friday, October 7, 2011

The Art of Fielding

I've been reading a ton this year. One of the personal goals I set for myself for 2012 was to do 12 races and read at least 12 books. So far, I'm on track for both. Most of what I read these days is non-fiction, but every so often a reviews(s) comes along that I just can't pass up.

Such was the case with The Art of Fielding: The Novel by Chad Harbach. The reviews have been terrific and I based on the first 200 pages, I can see why: it's just beautifully written. You don't have to be a baseball fan to enjoy this one, though it certainly doesn't hurt. It's longish at 500  plus pages, but it moves very fast.

If you are looking for a great new read, trust me on this one and buy/download this book asap.

For whatever it's worth, I'm trying to get through it sooner than fast so that I can read the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson. The publication date has been moved up to October 24th and I am sure it's going to be excellent.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Reading and Running! I love it. If only you weren't a Yankees fan, we'd invite you to join our blog. :) Good luck with the rest of the races this year!