Friday, October 28, 2011

World Series

Holey moley is this an amazing world series. I'm going to go so far as to say that it just might be the best series I've ever been witness to. While you might say that a Yankees series might be my favorite, that's far from the truth; I'm generally too stressed out to really enjoy the quality of play. With this series, I have zero skin in the game; I truly don't care who wins. I get to sit back and enjoy the game for the pure sake of enjoyment.

And man, has this series delivered, especially last night. It wasn't a particularly well played game, bit it was off-the-charts from a drama standpoint. To think that the Rangers were one pitch ONE PITCH - away from winning the World Series not once but TWICE - that's practically unimagineable. And then to lose by a walk off 11th inning home run by a hometown kid? Seriously - you couldn't script that story. I hope tonight's game delivers the same level of intensity.

My prediction? Cardinals. I find it doubtful that the Rangers can bounce back inside of 24 hours from a back breaking loss like that one. I guess we shall see soon enough.

Man, do I love baseball. How many days until pitchers and catchers report?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"holy moly". even i stopped using that years ago. gs