Saturday, July 21, 2012

5k Race

We ran the Silk and Satin 5k this morning. The whole family ran really well. Most impressive performance went to the Little Boy who ran a 22:20 - a PR by almost two minutes. That is 7:15 pace - pretty impressive for a kid who has done little to no running over the past several months. He stuck with me and ran the first mile in 6:45. I couldn't shake him until mile 1.5.

I ran 21:21 which was pretty decent considering I did a hard squat session at CrossFit yesterday and was feeling pretty cooked. The Wife ran around 30 minutes flat - also pretty fast. And last but not least, the Little Girl came in 3rd in her age group (12 and under - and she just turned 10). Every time that Kid does something she wins some sort of award. Anyway - both kids are pretty decent runners - and I am super proud of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like the flying wallendas we have the running solomons. gs