Monday, March 23, 2009

Cancer Stuff

Just a short post tonight because I am just back from the first little league game of the year (the little boy went 1-3 with a single and two nice plays in the field. He is a heck of a fielder) and have a ton of work to do.

Anyway, this is my quarterly cancer week; blood work today, neck ultrasound early Friday am and then doctors appointment next Monday. Fingers crossed that these pesky antibodies don't rear their head.

In top of all that, I was eating a salad Friday night when I bit into what was supposed to be a pitted olive. Only -- surprise! Their was a pit. It marked a wonderful conclusion to a very long week. First I spit out the olive. Then I spit out half the tooth; it was a nice clean break. And last, but certainly not least, I spit out the filling to said tooth. Fun stuff. So, tomorrow off to the dentist I must go.

In other news, I ran 43 miles last week and felt pretty good. My body is getting used to the volume. This is another big week (featuring another 16 mile run to work and then a 21 miler on Sunday) and then I start my taper to Boston. In the event anyone is curious, I will very happy when this marathon is over. But I am VERY, VERY grateful to everyone who has supported my Livestrong effort: my main man Wiley, Amy Foreman, Amanda Meisner, and everyone else who I have rudely not emailed directly. THANK YOU. This training is for you all.

And while I am on the subject, of the 25 plus runners on Team Livestrong/Boston, I am currently in "second place" fundraising wise. One last push and I might make it into the pole position.

More on that later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your tests. no joke about that.gs

mrdarius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrdarius said...

indeed good luck with your tests. always a stressful time. also, can you post a link to your donation page for those who would like to contribute?

Anonymous said...

Sending you a bunch of good thoughts on the testing, Mr. Nut. And you need to make one last fundraising push - I think you're still a ways from your goal, if I recall correctly.