Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Elusive Leprechaun

Had a fun St. Patty's day with the Little Girl yesterday. In the days building up to it, she and I worked on creating a special "leprechaun catcher" for school. It was a super fun project and I thought we did a pretty good job. We had a net that fell over the pot of gold and a "lucky charms" trap door. I'll post a picture tomorrow, but suffice to say we were stoked.

She woke up early yesterday and found a little surprise on her bed: a stuffed animal and personal note from the "leprechaun" (read: me). She was out of her mind with excitement. The two of us raced to school to see if any of the kids were successful in their effort to nab a leprechaun. Alas, it wasn't meant to be, although the classroom was a mess: there was leprechaun dust, crumbs and little green footprints all over the classroom. I have to say it might have been the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Anyway, the bad news is we failed in our effort to catch that ever elusive little fellow. The good news; there's always next year. And we are already talking about future modifications. Next year we are going to get him; I just know it.

No comments: