Sunday, May 24, 2009

Taken

Lots to report -- I have my brother and his family in town and had my boy Payro in the days preceding -- and of course my parents before him --and we have been keeping quite active (hence, the lack of posting) -- but the short report tonight: rent Taken, starring Liam Neeson, immediately. How that movie did not do better in the theaters is beyond me. It's just as good -- if not better -- than the recent Bond and Bourne films and quite possibly might be my film of the year thus far. Liam Neeson makes for an unlikely, but ultimately, very believeable action hero. I think he has a franchise on his hands if he wants it.

Anyway, it's a very fast and entertaining movie, albeit somewhat mindless (which is generally my favorite form of entertainment). My br and I both give it two very big thumbs up.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Agreed it was good, but would have been better if it had been rated R and had him go truly medieval on some of those people. Most didn't suffer enough for their crimes IMO. ;-)