Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mr. Mom

So, for the first time I think ever, the Wife has left me alone with the two kids. She headed to Florida Friday morning to see our new niece. The way I am approaching this I have three simple objectives: keep 'em alive, keep 'em sheltered; keep 'em fed. I am pleased to report that it's Saturday night, and thus far I am three for three. So far, so good though tomorrow brings with it a new day and anything can go wrong.

The weather hasn't exactly accomodated, unfortunately; it poured all day. Rain in May is pretty rare in the Bay Area and I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do with them. We ended hanging out and lounging (to the extent that we are capable of doing that - the three of us are pretty amped I noticed) and had a good time. The fun continues tomorrow.

In other news, I signed up for two dumb events this past week: a century bike ride (this will be my first century in about a decade) and a -- get ready for it (and close your eyes Mom if you are reading this) -- a gnarly 50 mile trail run. Don't ask me why, I simply have no decent explanation. But I confess that I am pretty stoked.

In other news, I have no news so over and out for tonight.

No comments: