Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hawaii Ironman

So, today was the deadline for signing up for the Hawaii Ironman lottery. And for the 12th consecutive year, at the 12th hour, I have decided to give the WTC (World Triathlon Corporation) my annual $40 donation and give it yet another whirl.

Although - I am utterly convinced that this is the year that my name will finally be selected. Why? Because for the first time since 1997, I have virtually NO interest whatsoever in training for Ironman (or triathlon in general to be honest). I think that if I got in, I might actually be bummed. Truth be told, I'd probably be excited but for sure I would opt to push out my entry one more year to 2011. This might be the year of many things for me, but Ironman ain't one of them.

Anyway, stay tuned. I'll know the answer on April 15th.

In other news, The Little Boy leaves tomorrow morning for his fifth grade class trip. They are headed to the Marin Headlands for five days and nights to study ecology and the environment. Earlier in the school year I signed up as a chaperone, so I will be joining him from Wednesday night until Friday. Keeping an eye on 40 plus kids; this should be pretty interesting.

Actually, I must confess that I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be sure to post pictures from the "field".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with that. too bad the trip isn't to hawaii. you probable could use a rest by now.gs

Nana said...

I heard if you drink beet juice it builds you up and gives you strength at that last mile. You'll need it with 40 kids. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Sounds like your ankle's all better.

Cool trip with Z.

gailaj said...

I'm thinking of doing a 12-hour race that was just added to the local calendar.....in June. So I guess the old saying is true, be careful what you wish for...good luck to you whatever happens/whatever you decide.