Friday, September 23, 2011

The Big 1,000

Well, this is quite the milestone if I do say so myself; my 1,000th post. Hot damn - that is a lot of writing.

I recall like yesterday when I first started this blog; more than anything, it was a vehicle to keep everyone updated on where I was at with my thyroid treatments. Obviously, over time, it has morphed into much more than that - not sure if there's isn't a subject that hasn't been covered during the course of these past few years.

The one thing that HAS remained constant though is all of you. I might not have the biggest audience - that was never the intent of this blog and it never shall be - but i sure do have a tremendously loyal one. I've said it before and I will say it one more time: thank you for paying attention and being part of my life. Everyone who reads this is either family - or like family - to me, and I look forward to sharing 1,000 more posts with you (if you have the constitution to handle that of course. I'd understand if you didn't).

One thing which I have mentioned in the past but will surface again is that I am giving consideration to changing the name of this site. To be honest, the only reason I haven't is that I can't come up with anything better. I am open to any and all thoughts and suggestions.

Lastly, tomorrow kicks off the Thyroid Run, so be sure to send your pictures. Alas, I will not be doing my originally planned. I'm going to bend the rules and say that the "Run" kicked off a bit early - last night - by Coach Phil, who swam from Catalina to Palos Verde in a two man relay - a total of 21 freaking miles. That my friends, is incredible. Congrats Coach Phil and I will post your pictures shortly.


No comments: