Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

Any post on any subject would probably be inappropriate on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, a day that will haunt every American for the rest of our lives. The moment from that day that will probably stick with me forever was not knowing whether my brother Scott was in the Towers or not (he wasn't). I knew his office was in the immediate vicinity but I couldn't recall if it was the Towers or not and I couldn't get a line for an hour to my parents. That was a long and scary hour. The other moment that will stay with me was knowing that I had friends in those stricken buildings - and realizing that I was likely watching them die. I wasn't sure who I knew in the Towers, but I knew it had to be someone(s). And I was right. Rest in peace Melissa, Pete and Steve, all of whom were taken way too young. For whatever it's worth, I don't just think of you on 9/11.

No comments: