Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cross Fit

So, I had my first official Cross Fit class last night. I've wanted to try Cross Fit for year's and Coach Phil, who's normally a bit of a skeptic, has convinced me to give it a go.

After doing the complimentary entry class, I signed up for nine "on boarding" classes, where they teach you the exercises in a more one-to-one type of fashion. This is perfect for me because when it comes to weights, my form is generally pretty horrible. After about a half hour of reviewing and practicing various exercises, we went into our workout and it was as tough as advertised. I have the obvious benefit of being in shape, but what I'm discovering quickly is that my aerobic endurance is solid, but my anaerobic - which is the zone where Cross Fit operates - a bit less so.

Anyway, I can see myself getting into this, big time. One area in which I severely lack is the strength department; I'm just not fundamentally strong. Never really have been. It's why I am faster on the roads versus the trails; I am more of a finesse running (roads) versus hill climber (which obviously requires greater strength). I think Cross Fit might be the answer and I imagine it will help my running along the way. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks g-d you are finally addressing your anoerobic deficiencies. that"s what i have been pushing you to do since you were a kid. anyway, remember to wear a jock. gs