Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gail

Here is Gail, who ran 22 miles today. Man, we have some epic performances today! Unreal. I'd write something nice about Gail but her e
Ail to me captures it best. Here's what she says which captures my sentiment perfectly. You're the best Gail.

Hi Howard,

Here's my report for this year's Run for Thyroid Cancer -- did a nice 22-mile training run in your honor on Sunday morning. Thought I would make it extra special by running from my home base, Bayside, to Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, where a passing bike rider kindly snapped the attached picture-postcard of me in front of the famous Queens Unisphere ("Greetings from Queens"). I told him I needed to send it to you in California for a run for thyroid cancer awareness, so that's one more person whose consciousness you've raised.

Thanks so much for your moral support over the last three-and-a-half years. Who would guess that just googling "thyroid cancer" and "ultrarunner" barely a month after my thyroidectomy would lead me to your site and your inspiring friendship? Hope we get to race a long one together one of these days.

Be well and happy!

No comments: