Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Heat

Greetings from sunny Scottsdale, AZ.

It's so freaking hot here I cannot even see straight -- and that's at 9:25 am. You know you are in the desert when the people at the hotel say things like "It wasn't so bad today, just 105. We usually start to see problems when it gets to 110" or "We had a cold spell in May. We were stuck in the 80's all month."

Seriously, both lines are true.

I like AZ and the desert panorama is quite beautiful and April LOVES the heat (biggest nonsensical line ever, btw -- "But it's a dry heat." Screw that. Hot is hot) but personally, I need to be near water. Nice place to visit but I could never live here.

Anyway, enjoyable day though I ended up having to work the entire day. Plus, good lord was it hot. I wanted to go for a late afternoon run but it was literally impossible.

Anyway, I can't complain.

Line of the day came from Summer at dinner. We were talking about the Soprano's and I was reciting some of the lines and out of nowhwere she blurts ... no joking "Mommy used to be daddy's goomah." How'd she know?

(I can't link from this computer but if you don't know what it means, go to www.wikipedia.com and type it in).

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

you might be able to run after 8:00 pm when it is only 92 degrees after the sun goes down! better yet just go for a swim, the water is as hot as bath water yet! next month though it will be. enjoy your stay in AZ.
~Julie, crazy enough to live here!

Anonymous said...

I was in AZ last month and the heat drove me mad. I spent a whole winter running on a treadmill and finally went somewhere warm... and had to run on a treadmill. :-(

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, ran another 5 today, just about died. But then I rode 20+ in the PM, not so bad. Biking, good. Running, not so much. I agree with Crazy Mama, get to some trails at night. They would be great in the desert.