Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Survey and Other Thoughts

The time has come for a new pair of sunglasses for my biking and running. I stumbled upon these, which look pretty cool and have obvious appeal. The question is, will I look like a total Fred?

Your opinions and comments are welcomed.....
______________________________________________

I am pretty certain Tony died. I watched it again last night and the evidence is pretty overwhelming. What's even more incredible, though, is the public's reaction to the last five minutes. At the risk of deep hyperbole, I am fairly certain this will go down as the most controversial and discussed scene in television history.

By the way, the first 1 hour was just ok. Interesting but ok. It was the last five minutes that transformed it to the realm of epic.

On the topic of TV, I watched the season debut of Big Love last night. It is very well acted and written and it's a fairly interesting and certainly unique subject, but the problem as I see it ... it just isn't captivating. I don't think it's capable of achieving "A" level status in the spirit of other great HBO shows such as Soprano's, Deadwood and Entourage. The thing about the great shows is that they immediately leave you anticipating the next episode .... and by this measure, Big Love fails. I'm guesings that's one of the reason why it got relegated to the graveyard shift (Monday night). It's still early but I think the same fate might be in order for John in Cinci.
_______________________________________________

The Yankees won again tonight; their sixth straight. Clemens is back and Wang and Pettite are pitching well. A-Rod is killing it like it's April redux and all of a sudden, baseball is getting a heck of lot more interesting.

Despite their May swoon, expect them to be competing for a wild card spot. That being said, fair is fair and I must say that the Red Sox are formidable this year. This team scares me -- even more than the 2004 squad. They have an exceptionally deep line-up a great rotation which is only going to get better as Dice-K figures things out, and the best reliever in the league in Papelbon. They also seem to have good team chemistry, which I personally believe is vastly underrated in the game of baseball.
_______________________________________________

Tomorrow is Dr. Clark appointment. I'm looking forward to finally getting some firm direction in terms of next steps. Send out good vibes.
_______________________________________________

Lastly, look forward to a guest post from my inimitable father on Thursday. It's written and in the last stages of editing. Be sure ot check back; it promises to be a good one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look pretty cool. But, for me I have found that Oakleys standard lenses are too small for my face for biking and cause me to get too much sunlight in my eyes in aero position. And I also found that they are too close to my eyebrows so they get a ton of sweat on them very fast. I have been using Rudy Project for the last year and a half. I bet Oakley has larger lenses but I haven't looked. My Rudy Project's are polarized and photochromatic (adjust to the light levels) and I love them becase they handle different conditions really well. And they stay pretty clear of sweat because they are not right up against my face. The only downside is that they are a little heavy compared to Oakleys.

BTW-- I have several Oakleys so this is not a diss on them. Heck, get 'em for just tooling around town if they don't work for the bike/run. :-)

This year I want a pair of white glasses with those crazy reflective blue lenses. Make you look like a real bad @ss when you pass people and give 'em the old "Lance look back". ;-)

Anonymous said...

jeff.you know more about glasses than my opthalamist,optician and optomotrist together.GS

Unknown said...

Funny! If only all that knowledge would help me be able to read a menu in a restaraunt! :-)