Friday, June 8, 2007

Random Musings and a Special Shout out to My Sister-In-Law

Well, Ms. Summer is offically a nursery school graduate: the ceremony was this morning. Her name was announced, she walked across the podium, hugged her teacher and got her diploma. Just like that, my little baby is a nursery school graduate. Next up: college.

The highlight of her day was that all kids in her class were given a yearbook and man, is she stoked on that. I'll post some pictures this evening
______________________________________________

I'm burned out on cancer talk, so nothing else on that subject until I meet with Dr. Clark on the 13th.
______________________________________________

I am finally starting to work myself back into semi-respectable shape. I ran 5 miles last night and for the first time in a long while felt pretty good. I picked it up the last 2 miles and was probably running sub 8 pace. I woke up very early this am to get in a Computrainer ride (for all you cycling dorks out there, the main set after warm up was 4 X 8 minutes at 150, 165, 180 and 195 watts.) and felt fairly decent on the bike too.

I was reading on my Yahoo newsgroup that it takes 4-6 weeks after going hypo for TSH levels to come down to normal levels. I think that would be fairly consistent with my personal experience; it's taken me about that amount of time to feel like my old self from a training standpoint.
______________________________________________

Speaking of Summer, by the way, she appears to have moved on from the boy she kissed last weekend. She announced this morning that she's now in love with a young man from her class and as it turns out, they are going to the same school next year.

If the cancer doesn't kill me, she will.
_____________________________________________

Since my father seems to be such a hit on this blog, I think I am going to ask him to pen a guest column for next week. Lord only knows what he will write (presuming he agrees at all) but I am certain it will be entertaining, to say the least.
_____________________________________________

Last, but certainly not least, I want to send a huge, special, enormous shout out and hug to my sister-in-law, Penny, who's going through some serious medical issues of her own right now.

She's a fantastic person and the best sister in law a boy could ask for. When April had her bout with cervical cancer (more on this later, btw) a few years ago, Penny flew in to Chicago to help out within matter of days without us asking. She was right there for me as well. All of us adore her, but most especially my kids; she's like a second mom to them. Get better soon, Penny; we love you and will hopefully be out there soon to visit and help out.

(While I am on the subject: shout out to my main man Gaga too!)

No comments: