Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back

I'm back from our Boy's weekend. Like year's past, my favorite weekend of the year. We are getting old and perhaps slowing down a tad (lights out at 12:30 pm everyone!) but we still manage to have a great time. There's nothing in the world like great friends. As noted earlier, in a nutshell, we hang out. and catch up and go for an occasional swim. It is freaking heaven. I wish it were a little easier to get to (takes me around 12 hours each way when everything is said and done and taking into account time zone differences) but c'est la vie.

My buddy Scooter suggested I focus more on pop culture; he said the running stuff is getting old (tell me about it). Fair enough. So, this week I will dedicated all of my posts to pop culture, whatever that may be.

I will start off with some favorite pop culture websites, for all those interested. In regards to celebrity gossip, my favorites include: www. perezhilton.com (can't believe I just admitted that one), www.gawker.com, Page Six (New York Post) and my personal favorite, www.wwtdd.com. I also really like Deadspin (www.deadspin.com), which covers sports gossip.

For music, Pitchfork (www.pitchforkmedia.com) wins hands down. It is the first website I visit every day. Second favorite is www.metacritic.com.

In regards to politics I have to say that I am growing increasingly enamored with the Huffington Post (www.huffingtonpost.com).

I am sure there's others and more categories, but I am quasi-brain dead.

If anyone has additional recommendations, I am all ears.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

I'll have to check out some of your recommendations.
glad you had good trip.

Anonymous said...

so who won the monopoly contest already? do any of you boys play mah jong?gs